[PyQt] Help needed for eric6 development - support setup.py

Grzegorz Bokota g.bokota at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Apr 15 21:43:24 BST 2019

there is no VERSION file in the repository.
I also suggestto store __version__ varable in __init__.py of eric. The
allows to check it form imported lib.
Some code like:

def read(*parts):
    with codecs.open(os.path.join(current_dir, *parts), 'r') as fp:
        return fp.read()

def find_version(*file_paths):
    version_file = read(*file_paths)
    version_match = re.search(r"^__version__ = ['\"]([^'\"]*)['\"]",
                              version_file, re.M)
    if version_match:
        return version_match.group(1)
    raise RuntimeError("Unable to find version string.")

You put in one file

python_requires=">=3.5",

and

"Programming Language :: Python :: 2.7",

I add few fixes to setup.py to build ui files during build phase (lines
96-118). Now, on my computer, it builds (When add VERSION file) and can be
installed with pip install ./eric6.

I do not use eric earler so i do not know how to test it.
I got warnings like  Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_pl_PL'could not
be loaded. on startup.

pon., 15 kwi 2019 o 18:43 Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
napisaƂ(a):