[PyQt] Building PyQt5.Qsci when QScintilla is in a non-standard location

bkw1a at virginia.edu bkw1a at virginia.edu
Fri Jul 19 16:32:33 BST 2019

Hi folks,

	I'm installing PyQt5 for a research group on a cluster where
I don't have administrative rights.  I can build and install most
of PyQt5 successfully, putting it into the group's storage space
by picking the appropriate arguments to give to configure.py.

	BUT, the group needs QScintilla too.  I've built
QScintilla and put it into the group's storage space, but this
isn't where the PyQt5 build system looks for it, so it's not
found and PyQt5.Qsci isn't built.

	How can I tell the PyQt5 build system where to find
Qscintilla?

	Thanks for any advice.

					Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu