[PyQt] QTreeView + sort + delete = crash

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue May 7 08:51:55 BST 2019

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 10:26:29PM -0500, John F Sturtz wrote:
> In neither case, in the course of interacting with the widget or the
> listview, did the model checker report anything, right up to and including
> the point at which the interaction makes the app crash.
>
> Perhaps now I can conclude the problem (probably) isn't in the model design?

Hmm, seems like it.

Maybe you can find out more about the crash by activating Python's faulthandler
module: https://docs.python.org/3/library/faulthandler.html
(either run python with "-X faulthandler", or do "faulthandler.enable()" once)

Or using gdb, similar to what I documented here:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/master/doc/stacktrace.asciidoc

Apologies if this has been mentioned before already - kinda in a hurry right
now :)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)