PyQt6 and SIP v6 Snapshots Available

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Dec 1 11:25:27 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 05:25:15PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > I got my hands on an older snapshot and also tried the current one with
> > the Qt version check removed - but whatever I do, I get:
> >
> >   sip-build: 'sip-module' must be set
> >
> > https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download mentions:
> > "To build the sip module for PyQt6, run: sip-module --project PyQt6.sip"
> > but that doesn't actually work.
> >
> > Assuming that it should actually say "sip-module --project PyQt6-sip
> > PyQt6.sip", that doesn't show an error, but also doesn't seem to do
> > anything. I've tried running with --sdist and installing the resulting
> > sdist, but sip-build still gives me the same error. What am I missing?
>
> Are you using the latest SIP v6 and PyQt-builder snapshots?

Sorry for the late answer - I just tried again with:

- PyQt6 6.0.0.dev2011301320
- PyQt-builder 1.6.0
- sip 6.0.0.dev2011271026

And I get:

  Generating the QtCore bindings...
  sip-install: .../PyQt6-6.0.0.dev2011301320/sip/QtCore/qnamespace.sip:53: /BaseType/ is only supported for ABI v13 and later

Any idea what's going wrong there?

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org