[PyQt] Help needed with OpenGL ES2

Mark Burton burtoogle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 11:30:28 GMT 2020

Hello,

Let me start by saying that I have almost no experience with Qt,
Python, PyQt, Sip, etc. So apologies if this is a really dumb enquiry.

I am attempting to build a version of the Cura 3d printing app using
ES2 rather than desktop GL. I have built Qt specifying es2 and appear
to have the correct modules. I have built PyQt using that Qt
installation. Unfortunately, when I run the app, it fails with this
diagnostic:

AttributeError: module 'PyQt5._QOpenGLFunctions_ES2' has no attribute
'QOpenGLFunctions_ES2'

On investigation, I see that the files in PytQt-5.13.2 directory
sip/_QOpenGLFunctions_ES2 are quite small compared to the equivalent
files in the other _QOpenGLFunctions directories.

total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 markb markb 1944 Nov  2 18:54 _QOpenGLFunctions_ES2mod.sip
-rw-r--r-- 1 markb markb 3348 Nov  2 18:54 qopenglfunctions_es2.sip

It seems to me that there's something missing in the ES2 files and a
google search shows that earlier versions of that file did indeed
contain a lot more.

Can anyone please shed any light on this?

Why do those ES2 sip files not have any references to the methods that
are defined in the corresponding QT files? (see
./qtbase/src/gui/opengl/qopenglfunctions_es2.h)

Thanks,

Mark