About MacOS migration to ARM; what's next?

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 01:06:35 BST 2020

Hello.

As you might already know, Apple is going to migrate again, after 15 years,
from Intel to ARM-like processors.

I'm developing a [niche]program on PyQt since 2016; I was expecting to
switch to 64bit in the near future (I own a *very* old 2007 MacBook), but
right now I'm at a loss.

What should we expect for PyQt?
I'm still using cx_Freeze for cross compilation (my program is written
under Linux, then I build it with Wine for Windows and on that old MacBook
for MacOS), but I am not a professional programmer, and I'm doing it
completely "for free", donations excluded; so, long story short, I really
don't know if and when I'll be able to restore MacOS support for next
releases...

Is there any hope for the forthcoming future?

Thanks,
Maurizio