Memory leak when using PyQt with OpenNMT CTranslate

Giuseppe Corbelli corbelligiuseppe at mesdan.it
Thu Nov 5 11:31:45 GMT 2020

On 11/5/20 2:54 AM, Admin Argos Open Technologies, LLC wrote:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> Thanks for the response. What do you mean by "call the base class event
> loop (QThread::run())"? My understanding was that my code is
> reimplementing QThread::run in a subclass of QThread and that
> QThread::run is called via QThread::start. Also I think that the event
> loop is run by QApplication::exec_.

Well, if you want your thread to interact with main app using signals &
slots you need to have an event loop for each thread (and use
moveToThread where necessary). That's what the QThread::run() does.

Yes, you call start() and run() is called. Remember that thread exits
when run() returns.

> I was able to decently work around this issue so it's not a major
> problem for me anymore but I haven't been able to find any explanation
> for why the posted code leaks memory.
Ah well, regarding the memory leak I did not look into the details so I
have no suggestion.

--
Giuseppe Corbelli