PyQt6 and SIP v6 Snapshots Available

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 24 01:13:37 BST 2020

On 9/23/20 7:03 PM, Bryce Beagle wrote:
> We've found using the resource files easier than using paths when
> distributing with PyInstaller. Also the built-in translation support for
> files is convenient

I'm curious, why? Can't importlib_resources find the files relative to
the module that it is bundled in?

> I should note that we don't use pyrcc directly, though, but pyqt5ac (
> https://github.com/addisonElliott/pyqt5ac)

(I doubt this makes a practical difference as pyqt5ac simply checks for
files which need pyrcc or pyuic to be run, including out of date files,
and then executes pyrcc on your behalf.)

> * Note: I think I responded with these messages a few minutes ago by
> replying to the digest by accident. I'm resending them here, hopefully this
> time replying to the thread properly. My mailing-list skills are still
> pretty lacking. Sorry for the duplicate messages, assuming the first batch
> even went through?

The first batch did go through. Neither that, nor this, went through
"correctly", the threading is still broken. It's not a big deal, just
think of it as a learning experience. :)

For future reference, if you use digests and therefore don't have an
email to reply to, you can go to the website for the mailing list e.g.

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2020-September/043219.html

Notice how it describes the sender?

Bryce Beagle bryce.beagle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:03:14 BST 2020

The "bryce.beagle at gmail.com" part is a link:

mailto:pyqt%40riverbankcomputing.com?Subject=Re%3A%20PyQt6%20and%20SIP%20v6%20Snapshots%20Available&In-Reply-To=%3CCAKKt4mb8HjGj8a-YGobcdBMtDFP3mJM5QjgEY_NbANzWuKmD6g%40mail.gmail.com%3E

That contains the desired Subject line, and also the correct In-Reply-To
email header to ensure threading works properly. Simply click the link,
it will open a new email in your configured email client with everything
set up correctly.

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User