A few issue with 6.2.0

Damien Elmes pyqt at ankiweb.net
Mon Oct 25 04:07:04 BST 2021

> I've uploaded to PyPI new arm64 wheels for PyQt6-Qt6 and
> PyQt6-WebEngine-Qt6. These use 11_0 in the wheel name and
> QtWebEngineProcess is the original fat binary from a Qt installation.
> Let me know if these are better.

Thanks, that's fixed the pip install case. The webengine helper is still
broken unfortunately. Pop this in test.py:

from PyQt6.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView
from PyQt6.QtWidgets import QApplication
import sys
app = QApplication(sys.argv)
web = QWebEngineView()
web.show()
app.exec()

When run on darwin-arm64, it will spam the console with the following, and
the webview won't work:

[54357:259:1025/125621.698579:ERROR:network_service_instance_impl.cc(330)]
Network service crashed, restarting service.

The signature still appears to be invalid - maybe Qt are distributing an
invalid file, or the act of moving it is causing the problem?

$ codesign -vvvv
lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess:
invalid signature (code or signature have been modified)

It can be fixed by re-signing it with an ad-hoc signature, which doesn't
need any signing key:

codesign -s -
lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess

But if you do it after trying test.py, it won't work, as macOS blacklists
the file:

lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess:
the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used

Copying the file to a different filename, removing the original, and then
renaming it back should allow code-signing to proceed.

Should be fixed in the next snapshot.

Great, thanks!