A few issue with 6.2.0

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Oct 25 09:33:24 BST 2021

On 25/10/2021 04:07, Damien Elmes wrote:

>> I've uploaded to PyPI new arm64 wheels for PyQt6-Qt6 and
>> PyQt6-WebEngine-Qt6. These use 11_0 in the wheel name and
>> QtWebEngineProcess is the original fat binary from a Qt installation.
>> Let me know if these are better.
>>

> Thanks, that's fixed the pip install case. The webengine helper is
> still
> broken unfortunately. Pop this in test.py:
>
> from PyQt6.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView
> from PyQt6.QtWidgets import QApplication
> import sys
> app = QApplication(sys.argv)
> web = QWebEngineView()
> web.show()
> app.exec()
>
> When run on darwin-arm64, it will spam the console with the following,
> and
> the webview won't work:
>
> [54357:259:1025/125621.698579:ERROR:network_service_instance_impl.cc(330)]
> Network service crashed, restarting service.
>
> The signature still appears to be invalid - maybe Qt are distributing
> an
> invalid file, or the act of moving it is causing the problem?
>
> $ codesign -vvvv
> lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
> lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess:
> invalid signature (code or signature have been modified)
>
> It can be fixed by re-signing it with an ad-hoc signature, which
> doesn't
> need any signing key:
>
> codesign -s -
> lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
>
> But if you do it after trying test.py, it won't work, as macOS
> blacklists
> the file:
>
> lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess:
> the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used
>
> Copying the file to a different filename, removing the original, and
> then
> renaming it back should allow code-signing to proceed.

Can you try building the Qt C++ 'minimal' example from the
'webenginewidgets' sub-directory of a normal Qt installation? If that
works then we know the original file is Ok.

Does a code signature depend on a file's location in the filesystem? If
so that's a problem as that location is obviously not known when the
wheel is created.