defining and calling QML functions directly from Python

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Wed Sep 22 15:45:25 BST 2021

As a small follow-up:

I'm able to run simple examples such as
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2014-February/033810.html,
but when I try to invoke a function I added to my real application, I
get this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
> TypeError: invocation of QObject.click() failed

(Note that the runtime did find the function, as if I invoke a
non-existing function, or I try to pass the wrong number of arguments, I
get different errors !)

Any idea what may cause the above `TypeError` and how I can debug this ?

Thanks,

Stefan