[External] Re: Running PyQt6 with Debug Modules

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Aug 26 17:10:11 BST 2022

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 02:04:58PM +0000, Johnmichael.Quinlan at idsoftware.com wrote:
> Unfortunately that wasn't it, I was running python_d.exe and
> python.exe from the same location and running with the -v flag as you
> suggested indicated that they were both looking in the same place for
> the modules please see the images and output below, however, it should
> be easy for you to test, I'm on windows with a default vanilla Python
> 3.10 installation, I installed PyQt6 using pip into that installation,
> then simply run the code I posted originally in the python.exe and
> then in the python_d.exe for the same installation.

My bad - a normal and debug build of Python do indeed have a different
ABI, and thus binary packages aren't compatible. I wasn't aware of that
(or I forgot).

So it indeed sounds like you will need to build PyQt from source.

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/