Wheels for arm64/AArch64 and support for PyPy

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Oct 4 18:00:15 BST 2022

Am 04.10.22 um 18:21 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On 04/10/2022 17:10, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there any plan to provide PyQt6 wheels for the arm64 (AARch64)
>> architecture? As these processors get more and more powerful it would
>> be nice to see PyQt6 programs be executed on them.
>
> The ability to run PyQt isn't related to the availability of wheels.
I am aware of that. However, it would be nice to have wheels for these
architectures so that one could "pip install pyqt6" and get the latest
wheels and be independent from the distribution. Ubuntu 22.04 as an
example does not ship 'python3-pyqt6...' packages. That was the reason I
installed Manjaro on my Raspberry Pi in order to have PyQt6 to run eric7.

>> Furthermore I would like to know, if there are any plans on supporting
>> PyPy3 as a Python platform.
>
> I have made changes before at their request. It's up to them (or
> somebody else who has an interest) to say what's needed (if anything).
I'll give it a try.

--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de