Can't install PyQt via pip because it ask about the license

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Fri Oct 7 08:08:01 BST 2022

Good Morning,

I got some steps further but didn't succeeded yet with
installing and/or building PyQt5 on pcc64le architecture.

On 2022-10-05 11:54 <c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:
> Maybe the other way via "--global-config" is a better solution?

Again I have to ask if it is maybe better to use "pip" to build/install
and not the the explicit "sip-install" step.

The question is how can I throughput the "--confirm-license" option via
"--global-config"? I don't know how.

> There are a lot of errors like this
>
> Checking to see if the QtWinExtras bindings can be built...
> /usr/bin/qmake QtWinExtras.pro
> Info: creating stash file
> /tmp/tmpuufb4hp1/cfgtest_QtWinExtras/.qmake.stash
> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: core gui winextras widgets

Please treat this as a feature request to improve the "how to build
PyQt5". Nowhere there is mentioned wich libqt5* packages I need to
install.

I installed hundreds of MB of qt packages via "apt-get install
libqt5*". After that the build process stepped further and run some
hours (because it is only a qemu emulated pcc64le machine).

At the end I have this error output.

cp -f libpyrcc.so pyrcc.abi3.so
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/tmpc57aoiro/pyrcc'
Installing the project...
make install
cd Qt/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmake -o Makefile
/tmp/tmpc57aoiro/Qt/Qt.pro ) && make -f Makefile install make[1]:
Entering directory '/tmp/tmpc57aoiro/Qt' mkdir: cannot create directory
‘/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages’: Permission denied make[1]: ***
[Makefile:365: install_target] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory
'/tmp/tmpc57aoiro/Qt' make: *** [Makefile:91:
sub-Qt-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2 sip-install: 'make install'
failed returning 2

I understand what happens here. But install PyQt5 as super user isn't
an option. I want to install it as a user.
The reasons for that need is that the package need to be visible in
virtual environments (virtenv).

Can we solve this?