PyQt6 6.7.1 wheel: wrong manylinux glibc version?

Holger.Joukl at LBBW.de Holger.Joukl at LBBW.de
Mon Jul 29 09:05:37 BST 2024

Hi,

> I've uploaded 6.7.1-1 wheels to the local PyPI server. To add a little jeopardy these
> are built in the new environment (an Ubuntu 20.04 Intel container hosted (via
> Rosetta) on an Ubuntu 22.04 Arm virtual machine itself hosted on an Arm Mac
> Studio).
>
> There is also an updated wheel for Linux on Arm.
>
> I'll move them to pypi.org in a few days if no problems are reported.
>
> Phil

Great! Can confirm that the local PyPI-Server version works for me ((RHEL8, glibc 2.28, Python 3.11)
with a simple hello world app:

$ .venv/bin/pip install --index-url https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/simple/ --no-deps --upgrade PyQt6
Looking in indexes: https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/simple/
Collecting PyQt6
  Downloading https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/packages/PyQt6/PyQt6-6.7.1-1-cp38-abi3-manylinux_2_28_x86_64.whl (8.2 MB)
Installing collected packages: PyQt6
Successfully installed PyQt6-6.7.1
$ .venv/bin/python3.11 hello_pyqt.py  # app works

Thanks,
Holger