Qt v6.7.1 Wheels Available - Issue updating

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jun 3 08:27:42 BST 2024

Am 03.06.24 um 09:15 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> Hi Phil,
>
> I observed something strange upgrading a PyQt6 virtual environment
> from Qt 6.7.0 to the new Qt 6.7.1 wheels with split
> PyQt6-Webengine-Qt6. The dependency to PyQt6-WebengineSubwheel-Qt6
> gets resolved and Python 3.12 says it is installed OK. However, when I
> check the '.../Qt6/lib' directory, the library
> 'libQt6WebEngineCore.so.6' is missing. After repeating the update or
> doing it with the '--force-reinstall' option everything is OK indeed.
> I observed this behavior on several Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Debian systems.
>
> What is going on here?

I think I got an idea about what is going on. Python sees the dependency
on the subwheel, which isn't installed for Qt 6.7.0. Therefore it
installs it before upgrading PyQt6-Webengine-Qt6. The update deletes
'libQt6WebEngineCore.so.6', which was formerly included in the
PyQt6-Webengine-Qt6 wheel, as part of uninstalling the old version and
thereafter installs the new version. This causes the library to be
missing after the update.

Can anybody confirm this suspicion?

--
Detlev Offenbach