ANN: PyQt6-6.7.0-1 Wheels Available

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Jun 4 10:10:41 BST 2024

Am 03.06.24 um 20:37 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On 03/06/2024 15:10, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>> Am 03.06.24 um 13:36 schrieb Phil Thompson:
>>> Updated PyQt6 v6.7.0 wheels (PyQt6-6.7.0-1) have been uploaded to
>>> PyPI. This fixes a QtMultimedia bug in Qt v6.7.0 that was exposed
>>> when running against Qt v6.7.1.
>>
>> Unfortunately  "python3.12 -m pip list --outdated" does not recognize
>> these when the original wheels 6.7.0 were installed already. I think
>> that is because these wheels were uploaded under the same version as
>> before. Maybe you should create a release 6.7.0.post1 iaw. PEP440.
>>
>> Maybe I am doing something wrong (again).
>>
>> Detlev
>>

>>> The new wheels should run against Qt v6.7.0 and v6.7.1.
>>>
>>> Phil
>
> It's not a new version, it's a new build of an existing version -
> there is no new sdist. I can't speak to the behaviour of pip (sounds
> like a bug to me).

When install PyQt6 into a new virtual environment, the new wheel (..-1)
is picked and installed. So, there is not an issue. However, checking
for an outdated PyQt6, when 6.7.0 (old wheel) is installed already, does
not detect the new corrected wheel because pip seems to checks the
metadata and sees, the latest version (6.7.0) is already installed.
Hence, there is nothing to update. If you had uploaded the corrected
wheels as 6.7.0.post1, pip would have detected that. As that is probably
a one timer and the wheel correction does not affect eric-ide, I don't
care too much.

Detlev

--
Detlev Offenbach