Fwd: ANN: PyQt6-6.7.0-1 Wheels Available

Gdaliy Garmiza gdalik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 20:00:55 BST 2024

Hi!

None of the issues with QMediaPlayer I had reported
<https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2024-May/045858.html> were
fixed, I'm sorry.
On Windows 10 it doesn't play anything no matter which backend is used. And
I get no error messages.
On macOS Monterey (Intel platform) it doesn't work as well.
And I get the following:
'No QtMultimedia backends found. Only QMediaDevices, QAudioDevice,
QSoundEffect, QAudioSink, and QAudioSource are available.

Failed to initialize QMediaPlayer "Not available"'

The same codebase with the following requirements installed still works OK
everywhere:

'PyQt6<6.7.0

PyQt6-Qt6==6.6.2'