Fwd: ANN: PyQt6-6.7.0-1 Wheels Available

Gdaliy Garmiza gdalik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 18:38:44 BST 2024

Ok, I have written this kind of script/very simple app:
https://github.com/Gdalik/QMediaPlayerTest

Here you can switch between FFmpeg or a native system audio backend, just
commenting/uncommenting a single string of code.
I use the MP3 file, which can be played with any backend on any platform,
and the OGG file formats, which is not supported by native Windows (WMF)
and Darwin (AVFoundation) frameworks.
In the requirements.txt file, I use the versions of PyQt6 and PyQt6-Qt,
which still work (though not without bugs like freezing an app on macOS
with FFmpeg when trying to switch to an audio file while playing another
one).
But once you upgrade to the latest PyQt6 version, everything just
stops working, both on Windows 10 and on macOS Monterey (Intel).