Fwd: ANN: PyQt6-6.7.0-1 Wheels Available

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Jun 4 09:18:03 BST 2024

On 03/06/2024 20:00, Gdaliy Garmiza wrote:
> Hi!
>
> None of the issues with QMediaPlayer I had reported
> <https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2024-May/045858.html>
> were
> fixed, I'm sorry.
> On Windows 10 it doesn't play anything no matter which backend is used.
> And
> I get no error messages.
> On macOS Monterey (Intel platform) it doesn't work as well.
> And I get the following:
> 'No QtMultimedia backends found. Only QMediaDevices, QAudioDevice,
> QSoundEffect, QAudioSink, and QAudioSource are available.
>
> Failed to initialize QMediaPlayer "Not available"'
>

> The same codebase with the following requirements installed still works
> OK
> everywhere:
>

> 'PyQt6<6.7.0
>
> PyQt6-Qt6==6.6.2'

I can't really do anything with this without a short, complete script
that demonstrates the problem.

PyQt knows nothing about any backends so problems like this are more
likely to be Qt bugs. However Qt may have introduced a new dependency in
Qt v6.7 which is missing from the Qt wheels. That's easy enough to test
- if I had a way of reproducing the problem.