[Eric] Debugging a tool which only runs as root

Christian Rothländer eric at cr.sy.gs
Wed May 11 11:10:09 BST 2011

Hi there,

I'm using eric5 for a while, but I am struggeling to get my setup running properly.

After developing a tool for some time I added some functions which can solely run via an administrative (root) account. I searched through eric5 to find an option to run the debugged process as root
(as with sudo on the command line) but I wasn't able to find that option. I also tried to use "sudo" as environment, which failed.

Has anybody out there how to get this setup running without running eric as root?

Greetings,
Christian