[PyKDE] Problem with both parent() method and QListViewItem

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 1 20:51:56 GMT 2000

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, David C. Morrill wrote:

<...>>

> UnlikeBoudewijn, I'm pretty much dead in the water as far as releasing
> my code (I've already got my home LAN installed, and I'm not moving any
> time soon :-). If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very glad to hear them.

I've started coding again today - slightly delayed by the unavailability
of public nameservers (www.valdyas.org is no longer reachable) - and I've
been trying to get around the problem. One solution would be to use
a dictionary mapping the standard objects and the extended objects, but
that's a lot of work, especially since I seem to remember that subclassing
widgets used to work in earlier versions.

I guess the solution must be somewhere in siplib.ccp/*sipConvertToCpp,
judging from the comments, but I can't understand what's happening
there...