[PyKDE] PyQwt win32 binary?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 11:26:38 GMT 2001

Scott Prive wrote:

> Of course, I doubt a new maintainer will appear and I seriously doubt that person would
> get a free development license from Troll Tech to do so. I keep hearing one "could" port
> the GPL'd UNIX Qt source into a GPL'd Windows .dll but that's a pipe dream.

I don't see why it should be a pipe dream. Obviously I've seen the
Windows code so I can't comment too much and couldn't take part in such
an exercise. Looking at the GPL code you can see which files are UNIX
specific (just check the file names) and would need replacing.

It's not easy - but it's not impossible.