[PyKDE] How do I launch multiple threads?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 19 21:10:37 GMT 2001

On Saturday 17 March 2001 07:16, you wrote:
> How do I launch multiple threads?
>
> I seem to have problem interacting with QT widgets from different Python
> threads.
>
> My application starts in  C++

Caveat: this I have never tried myself

> The program freezes deadlock

I've been playing with PyQt and threads myself, and I've found that I _can_
run several Python threads in a PyQt application, if those threads never
access any part of the gui - otherwise deadlocks do occur. I guess it's not
for nothing that QMutex isn't implemented. Running those Python threads from
a C++ Qt application could well be even more hazardous.