[PyKDE] Attention: PyKDE-3.7 and KDE 3.1.2 Users

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 8 18:15:00 BST 2003

(This is a repeat of a reply from another thread - just want to
make sure everyone see it)

There is a mismatch between h files and libs on SuSE. The KDE
source tarball has:

    setShared (QString &, bool)

but the KDE libs (on SuSE anyway) are built with

    setShared (QString &, bool, bool)

 (Either that or it's a mismatch between the KDE libs source and
the distributed h files - I'm not sure which now)

If PyKDE-3.7-2 fails to compile the kio module and points to
setShared in the error msg, in sip/kfileshare.sip you need to
change:

%If ( KDE_3_1_2 - KDE_3_1_3 )
    static bool          setShared (const QString&, bool, bool);
%End

to:

%If ( KDE_3_1_2 - KDE_3_1_3 )
    static bool          setShared (const QString&, bool);
%End

and then re-run build.py and compile.

This should only affect KDE 3.1.2. Upgrading to KDE 3.1.3 should
also fix it. This is kind of a nasty problem to detect - I'll
see if I can come up with a fix.

**** It would be extremely helpful if people using RH, Mdk,
Debian, etc. could let me know which version of setShared works
on their system. I appreciate it's a pain to compile twice, so
I'd like to figure out a fix if possible. The other alternative
is to comment out setShared for KDE 3.1.2 - probably won't
affect many people, but I'd hate to do that.

Jim