[PyKDE] Installation issues

Daniel Harker danielharker at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:38:01 BST 2003

Hey guys,

I am currently running redhat 9, and thought it would be a good idea to
install the rpm version of PyKDE 3.7-0.  I installed it, and everything
seemed to be fine, but then when I sent to run slickbar, an aplication for
superkaramba, it complained and said that I never installed it!

This is the error message:

Could not load PyKDE.  QuickLaunchPanel will not run without it it is
available at: http://....ect...

So naturally, I thought that maybe the rpm just didn't work with my system.
So, I downloaded the source (tar.gz) and attempted to compile it.  When I
did, it gave me this error:

Couldn't import qt module from PyQT -- from like 698 in build.py

So it won't even compile!  :(

I have a hunch that it might be one of 2 things:

1.  Maybe I need to include the PyKDE libraries in my bash.rc file since the
rpm can't do that.
2.  Maybe PyQt wasn't installed correctly.  I got the rpm's at
www.sourceforge.net.  So I don't see why they should have a problem.  :(

Well, I would really apreciate some help on this issue.  I've spent
literally HOURS!  Thank you so much for reading this.  I'l be waiting for
your reply.

My email is danielharker at hotmail.com

Thanx.

DAN  :)