[PyKDE] eric: What is the difference between "continue" and "break"

Parzival Herzog parzp at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 1 17:10:45 GMT 2004

When I am debugging, and an unhandled exception occurs, eric offers me a
dialog which can be dismissed with "Continue", and "Break". I cannot tell
what the difference is between these choices.

I would have expected that "break" would preserve the context of the
exception, permitting me to post-mortem examine the context, while "continue"
would have allowed the python exception handling to terminate the debugged
program. However, as much as I would dearly like it, either way of dismissing
that dialog leaves me with a terminated program.

Can anyone clarify this?

--
Parzival Herzog