[PyQt] MemoryError: can I use more?

scott at scottballard.net scott at scottballard.net
Sat Feb 13 00:29:39 GMT 2010

Unfortunately, Windows 32bit only allows roughly 2.5 gbs of memory in
total regardless of the amount of memory on the system. This is a limit of
all 32bit OSs. You could try putting the /3GB switch in your c:\boot.ini
file (google it for specifics) which should give you another .5gbs of ram.

You might need to switch to a 64bit machine. Sorry...
-Scott