[PyQt] any plan on fully implementing the QtAndroidExtras module? Why?

Zhao Lee redstone-cold at 163.com
Wed Apr 25 15:34:27 BST 2018

Sorry, I am a newbie to Android programming.
For those who are interested in Android programming with PyQt5, try pydroid3
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.iiec.pydroid3

在2018年04月25 16时40分, "Phil Thompson"<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>写道:

On 25 Apr 2018, at 2:06 am, Zhao Lee <redstone-cold at 163.com> wrote:

> It seems only two classes in QtAndroidExtras module has been implemented,
> http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/QtAndroidExtras.html#PyQt5-QtAndroidExtras
> is there any plan on fully implementing the  QtAndroidExtras module? Why?
> BTW, I want to use QAndroidIntent Class

Some classes can be difficult, if not impossible to wrap. For some classes it's possible to wrap part of the class but not enough to make them usable. In the case of the Android support I don't know enough about Android programming to know what is usable. Therefore I wrap the minimum until somebody with more knowledge can tell me what else can be done.

In the case of QAndroidIntent the whole class can be wrapped. However is it usable given the limitations on the wrapping of QAndroidJniObject?